BCLA Global Ambassadors Initiative
The BCLA invites all Fellows who live outside of the UK to apply to become a BCLA Global Ambassador. As an association with a world-renowned reputation we aim to extend our reach through our vision to bring the global contact lens and anterior eye health community together. You can play a key part in this vision by growing our community through knowledge sharing, education and networking. 2021 is an important year for the BCLA and the contact lens and anterior eye community – we will deliver our clinical conference and exhibition in a virtual format across four different time zones. This means we can reach a wider audience than ever before – and you can help!
Who can apply?
We are inviting Fellows of the BCLA to help us reach a wider global audience by sharing our news and updates with your professional networks across your region. You will play a key role in bringing research, skills and knowledge development to like-minded professionals with an interest in contact lens and anterior eye care.
Initially focusing on the main continents, we will appoint 2-3 ambassadors in Europe, Middle East/Africa, Asia, Australasia, and the Americas. In the future there is potential to create smaller regions.
What we are looking for
• Hold a current FBCLA
• Highly value the BCLA membership and its products and services
• Be passionate about contact lenses and/or the anterior eye
• Be of good professional standing
• Have strong networks in your local region and beyond
• Champion the values of the BCLA
This is a new initiative for the BCLA and role duration will be for 18 months. You will be vital to getting this initiative off the ground. We will expect you to:
• Actively promote the BCLA in your region
• Advise the BCLA about regional developments and opportunities
• Maintain regular contact with the BCLA
• Attend BCLA events (virtual or in person, where possible)
• Share BCLA news and updates across you region
You will get the opportunity to be part of the BCLA’s operations, growth and effectiveness. In return you will:
• Extend your professional network
• Raise your professional standing and profile
• Exclusive discounts for BCLA conference
How to apply?
Applications are currently closed. Submissions will re-open in 2022.