Visionaries Conference & Evening Pioneers Lecture
Wednesday 13 December 2017 - The Wellcome Collection, London
The Visionaries Conference is a one-day event, that will feature a full programme of presentations delivered by a high calibre of speakers, alongside an exhibition of our prestigious educational event sponsors, together with a networking lunch and evening reception drinks.
In keeping with the tradition of the Pioneers and Visionaries events to incorporate something for every interest, the lectures will present current and new thinking on key topics of relevance to everyday contact lens practice and will earn you valuable CET points (CET for Optom, CLO, DO and IP has been applied for).
- Prof James Wolffsohn will look at the impact the latest TFOS DEWS II report will have in practice for the diagnosis, management and treatment of DED.
- A multi-disciplinary discussion, chaired by Prof Teifi James, will focus on Managing Dry Eye Disease within the community. The panel of speakers in this debate include;
Colin Davidson (College of Optometrists)
Prof David D’Cruz (Consultant Rheumatologist)
Elaine Mann (Advance Clinical Pharmacist Ophthalmology at Leeds Teaching Hospitals HNS trust)
Andrew Price (ABDO)
Nick Rumney (IP Optometrist)
Prof Sunil Shah
Dr Waqaar Shah (General Practitioner)
Katrina Venerus (LOCSU)
Prof James Wolffsohn
- Anna Sulley will focus on the 'New Contact Lens Wearer Retention Success'
- The evening Pioneers lecture, to be delivered by Temple Street Children's Hospital eye surgeon Mr Ian Flitcroft, will look at the epidemiology of myopia and the public health time bomb
- CET for Optom, CLO, DO and IP has been applied for
Programme correct at time of publish and is subject to change