The term "the British Contact Lens Association" or "BCLA" "us" or "we" or "our" refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 11 - 15 William Road, London NW1 3ER.
The term "you" or "your" refers to the user or viewer/user of our website.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Association may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are in agreement with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 May 2018. This policy was last updated on 1 May 2018.
What we collect
We collect the following information:
· Name and job title
· Contact information including email address
· Demographic information such as postcode, communication preferences and interests
· Other information relevant to member and user surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
· Internal record keeping
- We use your email address to send you information which is part of your membership, this includes information related to your membership such as renewal updates. This also includes monthly research updates, CLAE journal updates, member resources including online resources and member discounted events.
- We gather your communication preferences so we can send you the information you have requested to receive other than specific membership benefits.
· We may use the information to improve our products and services
· From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
· We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
You are able to update your preferences at anytime by logging into your BCLA membership account and updating your preference options. You can opt in and opt out at any time. Demo video on how to update your preferences here.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you please write to: The British Contact Lens Association, 199 Gloucester Terrace, London, W2 6LD.
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the above address or email us at [email protected] as soon as possible. We will promptly amend any information found to be incorrect and advise you of when this has been completed.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to users’ needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites